- Client: Callaghan Innovation
- Size: 1 Storey, 20 m2
- Opened: May 2017
- Architect: CMA+U, Makers of Architecture
- Engineer: PTL Structural Consultants
- Timber supplier and fabricators: Makers Fabrication
- Construction: Makers Fabrication
Experience the future of workspace innovation with the Callaghan Innovation Pod (C10-Pod). A collaborative masterpiece by Chris Moller of CMA + U, Makers of Architecture, and PTL, this ‘space inside a space’ office solution seamlessly expands workspace while preserving access below. Supported by a lightweight steel frame, it combines spaciousness with structural elegance.
The C10-Pod features CMA+U’s cutting-edge Click-Raft system, a fusion of sinusoidal leaves and beams that provide both strength and visual allure. Supported by LVL beams and columns, it offers an open front for laboratory observation.
Crafted with precision using CNC cutting and prefabrication techniques by Makers Fabrication and PTL, this pod is installed with minimal disruption to laboratory operations.
- 2018 NZ Wood Resene Timber Design Awards - Highly Commended